Information and resources for school governors
This is a bank of articles, extracts, links and resources for governors, clerks and anyone with an interest in school governance, to save you time and keep you up to date.
Latest news from Shena Lewington, the pen behind C2G.
- Want to be the first to get new posts by email? You can subscribe to my blog. (See top right)
- The autumn 2015 term is looking busy – I’ll be delivering induction and refresher training for governors in the north west, as well as supporting clerks and GBs in other parts of the country.
- I will be presenting a workshop on effective questioning at the Optimus conference in Leeds on 14th October 2015.
- I am delivering the Clerks’ Development Programme, for Leading Governance to clerks in Stoke-on-Trent, Cheshire East and Cheshire West and Chester.
- Congratulations to my first cohort of clerks, in Cumbria, who have successfully completed the programme!
- External reviews of governance are not just for schools who have been “recommended” to have one by Ofsted – they can be a valuable investment for any governing body wanting to reflect on and improve its performance. Contact me for more information.
How do I find what I’m looking for on the C2G site?
- Use the search facility or click on one of the tags
- Look at the contents page .
- Contact your own Clerk or Local Authority Governor Support Unit / Governor Services / School Governance Team
- Phone GovernorLine: GovernorLine provides free information and support to governors and clerks. Call 0800 0722 181 Monday to Friday 9.00am – 8.00 pm, or e-mail enquiries via: https://www.education.gov.uk/governorline/contact.
- Look on the DfE Governance pages, now held on Gov.UK.
- The TES has a forum for governors, with your questions answered by other governors.
- Contact me about governor (and clerks) training and development enquiries: email@example.com
- Follow me on Twitter @ClerktoGovernor