Information and resources for school governors
This is a bank of articles, extracts, links and resources for governors, clerks and anyone with an interest in school governance, to save you time and keep you up to date.
Latest news from Shena Lewington, the pen behind C2G.
- Want to be the first to get new posts by email? You can subscribe to my blog. (See top right)
- I’m thrilled to appear once again in UKEdMagazine’s Top Educational Blogs 2015.
- During the spring and summer terms of 2016, I’ll be delivering induction and refresher training for governors in the north west, as well as supporting clerks and GBs in other parts of the country. I look forward to speaking at the Derby Clerks’ Conference in March!
- Clerks Development Programme: Congratulations to my first cohort of clerks, in Cumbria, who have successfully completed the programme, and to the second cohort from Stoke, Cheshire East, Cheshire West and Chester, and Bolton who have finished all the face to face sessions. Well done all!
How do I find what I’m looking for on the C2G site?
- Use the search facility or click on one of the tags
- Look at the contents page .
- Contact your own Clerk or Local Authority Governor Support Unit / Governor Services / School Governance Team
- Look on the DfE Governance pages, now held on Gov.UK.
- The TES has a forum for governors, with your questions answered by other governors.
- Unfortunately, I can’t answer general questions about governance, but you can contact me about governor (and clerks) development: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow me on Twitter @ClerktoGovernor
If you would like to subscribe to the website using the Modern Governor mobile app’s reader of governance blogs, then the following video should help. Look for the C2G website in the “Subscribed” section of the reader, and you’ll be able to read the latest posts.
The Modern Governor blog is a free download from moderngovernor.com/app.