Information and resources for school governors
This is a bank of articles, extracts, links and resources for governors, clerks and anyone with an interest in school governance, to save you time and keep you up to date.
Welcome to the Clerk to Governors website!
Latest news from Shena Lewington, the pen behind C2G.
- Want to be the first to get new posts by email? You can now subscribe to my blog. (See top right)
- The spring and summer 2015 terms are already looking busy – I’ll be delivering induction and refresher training for governors in the north west, as well as supporting clerks and GBs in other parts of the country. (If you’re very lucky, I may even dedicate one of my poems or songs to your GB or team of clerks!)
- In January 2015 I look forward to visiting governing bodies in Yorkshire, and in June I will be working with clerks in Essex.
- I am delivering the new Clerks’ Development Programme, for Leading Governance (our next session is 13th January 2015, in Cumbria)
- External reviews of governance are not just for schools who have been “recommended” to have one by Ofsted – they can be a valuable investment for any governing body wanting to reflect on and improve its performance. Contact me for more information.
How do I find what I’m looking for on the C2G site?
- Use the search facility or click on one of the tags
- Look at the contents page .
- Leave a comment, and I will try to post a response.
- Contact your own Clerk or Local Authority Governor Support Unit / Governor Services / School Governance Team
- Phone GovernorLine: GovernorLine provides free information and support to governors and clerks. Call 0800 0722 181 Monday to Friday 9.00am – 8.00 pm, or e-mail enquiries via: https://www.education.gov.uk/governorline/contact.
- Look on the DfE Governance pages, now held on Gov.UK.
- The TES has a forum for governors, with your questions answered by the current chair of the NGA, or other governors.
- Contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow me on Twitter @ClerktoGovernor